Pages

Friday 12 October 2018

Please Hold, Energy Will Return Shortly

I can't remember the last time I felt this exhausted - hang on, yes I can - it was the last time I was doing so many driving lessons at a time!  Today I stalled at the first junction, and stalled, and stalled, and stalled.  Then I totally rocked the rest of the lesson.  No casualties, no worried pigeons, no bumped curbs and I completely owned the use of the windscreen wipers.

Bless him, DH made dinner tonight.  I am absolutely on my knees at the moment.  He utterly rocked home made pizza.  Well, he used pre-made gluten free bases and then added mushrooms, chicken, peppers, onions and garlic.  It was awesome.  Tomorrow it's my turn and I'm planning a frittata to use up the leftovers.  It's a long time since we had that, and I'm looking forward to it. 

I've ordered bear a new phone.  It is £27 from Tesco's eBay outlet and is a category C refurbished phone with some signs of wear.  It's an android, which bear has previously rejected, but he has accepted this gracefully.  It still has a year's warranty, comes from a reputable site and will make calls and texts, which is what we need, and it will also play YouTube and quite a few games.  The bus has free WiFi, so bear can indulge.  I could have got a less expensive phone, but we have to preserve a little school yard cred. 

justjill - I am so nervous about the emergency stop.  I have nearly died of fright every time I've practised it.  I shall just have to fake being brave.

Sharon - thank you.  Bear's bus stop preference seems to vary on wind direction, the placement of the planets and whether he has fallen out with a friend or not.  I am watching from a safe distance.

wherethejourneytakesme - I've been to Stranraer.  We had a wonderful holiday at Port Patrick when I was a kid and I loved it.  I have incredibly warm memories of that part of the world.  I wish I could take my test there.  Heckmondwike is, apparently, challenging!

Writing stuff - I've managed a little flash fiction today, which is here and you'll find links to other stuff for the amazing October Frights at the end.  Timothy Bateson's 31 Days of Halloween includes a giveaway today, so have a look here if you are interested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment