Pages

Wednesday 31 October 2018

Merry Samhain!

I'm a Christian (not a very good one, but still trying), but I'm happy to send out the good vibes to those who celebrate today, and there is something comforting in lighting fires and making some light in the dark as the nights draw in.  It's also good to remember those who are no longer with us.  I was telling bear about some of my family and I got the Look.  I don't blame him.

We walked up to Makro and picked up some individual jam portions.  It's an incredibly expensive way of buying jam, but it means a lot less waste.  Bear can go months between demanding jam, and this is definitely an easy way to deal with it.  On the way home I spotted this huge fungus.


I have no idea what it is, and left it respectfully alone.  Google images had the nearest thing as a Chinese mushroom, but unless it comes from the seeds of a very adventurous takeway, I'm confident that it isn't a species native to hemlock forests of north eastern China. 

Bear is eating with gusto, and managing all sorts of crunchy and crumbly things, but has given me puppy eyes so that I make home made soup for him tonight.  It's not too much of a hardship.  Then I have to get out to the ghost hunt.  I'll share what happens tomorrow. 

DH has just texted me and said that he is currently driving 'Geoff', the Renault that he drove a few weeks back.  I think that the pool of hire cars in the small place where he works may be quite small. 

Writing stuff - It's the last night of 31 Days of Halloween with a spotlight on Rebekah Jonesy's book, 'Blood and Clay'.  She is pretty awesome and designed the cover for Tales from the White Hart. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete