Pages

Saturday 20 August 2022

Challenge Accepted

Thank you for all the amazing and kind comments. I feel completely hugged and it has been an amazing help to me over the last few weeks. Never underestimate the power of a kind comment. You really, seriously helped.

I'm not up to speed on blogs or much of anything today. However, I've been distracted by writing things. I've been reading a cosy mystery (not one of the Nancy Warren one's, Hazel, and apparently there's a new one out on 28th September) and I've got very frustrated. They killed somebody off wrong. It sounds silly, but I'm utterly annoyed that they wasted the awesome character and it didn't help the plot. I feel like stamping my feet. 

I have a backlog of writing that I owe Three Furies, but then I'm going to write a cosy mystery and I'm going to make it work. I'm not saying that I can do things better than the writer. They certainly have a better work ethic than I have, and I know that there are gaps in my stuff. On the other hand, I feel for that wasted character. 

I was so busy thinking about the poor thing that I tried putting seed in the suet pellet holder and the stuff went everywhere.


And the weed is, I think, one of the spurges, or euphorbias. I can make an argument for wood spurge. Here's a better pic, I think. It's a bit draughty out, so it was hard to get one that wasn't a blur.


I know this plant, which has been a regular weed since we moved in, and it does have the milky sap, though they have always been quite small.

The bathroom has had its first coat of paint on the windowframe. DH has put up a mirror and a small shelf and I have ordered from my friend eBay an inexpensive new lampshade. The current one is older than bear and it shows. I'll take pics when it's finished.

Now I feel so out of sorts because of that poor character, I'm off to get some writing done. Obviously I need to sort out the stuff for Three Furies, but then I can get that cosy mystery (my style) sorted out. I'll post my word count tomorrow. 

Hugs and good health to all. Also, thank you. You have been a real support. 

4 comments:

  1. We are your blogging family and I most certainly am here for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to identify that plant. Have fun writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news to hear the bathroom is nearly finished. Have they sorted out the air brick yet?

    It's annoying when an author kills off a character when it doesn't add anything at all to the plot. I'm glad I'm not the only person who gets worked up about things like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am looking forward to the cosy mystery. I like reading them. Lately most of what I read is a pick-me-up to make me feel good and cosy mysteries are fun!

    Looking forward to seeing the bathroom photos. Glad it is coming to an end.

    ReplyDelete