Pages

Monday 1 August 2022

You are all awesome!

I'm sorry I've been missing. I find out whether I need a biopsy or not on Friday, and on top of everything else, it's put me in a dark place. As anyone who follows my stuff will know, I have a ridiculously active imagination and it hasn't been doing me any favours.

The pigeons keep queuing on the roof ridge, looking subdued. Mind you, knowing pigeons, it's probably their two brain cells competing for third place. We have some roofers coming around to have a look at the pigeon flap. It's just one slate that has been dislodged, but it's on a stupidly high roof. Last time we had work on the roof done, it legally needed scaffolding. That makes it a lot more expensive, but not as expensive as a leaking roof.

And speaking of leaks, I was sitting in the study on Saturday with heavy duty headphones on, and I heard a tapping. Apparently, while the nice men were doing the work on the bathroom, they knocked the waste pipe of the sink in my room next door, which meant that the water was dropping into the living room ceiling. We had what looked like a huge blister dripping! The lovely plumber came out, even though it was Saturday night, and sorted it out. 

The bathroom, for a variety of reasons, still isn't finished, even though it should have been done and dusted last Friday. I am desperate for a looooong shower and the security of a properly fixed toilet. Fingers crossed it will be done by Wednesday.

Bear is in a good place and currently trying to eat his own bodyweight in snacks. I'm expecting another growth spurt. He will tower over me soon!

The England team won the European Championship (Lionesses!) and Liverpool won the Charity Shield. Drink may have been taken.

Writing stuff - I submitted a series of pieces to Three Furies Press in June, and the third is out now here.

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Hugs to you. I hope there is good news on Friday. Sorry the bathroom isn't done yet. It does seem to be taking a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't need a biopsy, but, if you do need one, then, the results will be reassuring. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete