Pages

Wednesday 17 August 2022

Nothing Much

Eileen - gutters are always a worry, aren't they? I'm keeping all crossed.

Bless - Shakespeare said that troubles come not in single spies but in battalions, and I think he was right! Years ago, when bear was little, we had the boiler go, the tv, the washer, the gear box, the printer, in fact, almost everything over a short time. It was nerve wracking! I'm hoping it's a little easier this time. 

Sharon - that fuchsia is the most energetic thing in my life at the moment. It's a thug. And the progress is creeping on.

No visit from the plumber today. It's incredibly frustrating. The other plumber, the one who serviced the boiler and living room gas fire, is awesome. I texted them about the leak, they rang me straight back, explained that they had other work on, then arranged to check and then book stuff in. It was all clear, easy and reassuring. The people doing the bathroom are lovely, but I wish I knew what was going on. Here's the radiator, looking shiny...


I keep having to remind them about the air brick that's outside. They forgot to cut a hole in the tileboard. This is where it should be. 


It's really near the ceiling and close to the radiator (or should be, if it lines up with the air brick outside). I'm considering my options.

As for the dratted fuchsia, the other things that are seriously flourishing are a rose bush that father planted (he had all the green fingers) and a weed that has sprouted underneath the airer I was using outside.



I don't know what the weed is called, but it's very pretty. I should really get going on the garden. 

I've got some ironing done, and not much else. All is fairly calm at the moment, so I'm making the most of it. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. I like your new radiator! It looks like your garden is flourishing! I wonder if that weed is chick weed? I couldn't quite identify it from the photo. But, if it is chick weed, it is a wild edible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about the bathroom. It really is quite disgusting that it's taking so long! The plants are lovely. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not brilliant at recognising plants etc., but wondered if it is chickweed? If someone else names it for you, go by what they say 😂

    ReplyDelete