Pages

Monday 15 August 2022

Treading Water

Bless - thank you. I suspect that this will be a false alarm, but I will just have to wait and see. As for that fuchsia, I think the best description is that the dratted plant is strangling the yellow rose. It's a thug, but a very pretty one. 

Cherie - I drive past a fuchsia on the route to Tesco that is, as far as I can tell, exactly the same variety but with half the flowers. I'm giving father the credit. He had a real knack with fuchsias. Any of the ones he planted turned out to be monsters. I do enjoy it, though, as do the sparrows. I was relieved to see a small one hopping around, but still no song.

The bathroom continues unfinished, but he came for half an hour this afternoon. My garden looks like this.


On the bright side, he took away the massive sink that wasn't fitted, several sacks of plaster and some spare floor boards. We now have a bath panel fitted. We need the architrave around the door and window sorting and painting, the window painting, the grab rail and radiator fitting and the air vent cut. There is a fancy air brick on the outside but so far they have just boarded over it. They are also going to box in the pipes. 

Bear was out most of today with friends. They went walking on Ilkley Moor. I was a little worried that he may end up drenched, but he was fine. He's getting so independent these days. 

I feel like I am marking time. I don't know what to do with myself, and feel that I can't get on with stuff or start stuff at the moment as I am waiting on so many things. August has always been an odd sort of month for me. I think I may take tomorrow as a thinking day. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like there is progress in the bathroom! Yay! Taking a day for thinking and perhaps making a few plans sounds like a good thing to do. I like to have a mindless crafts project to do when I'm waiting for news - knitting, crocheting, cutting out fabric for a quilt top, etc. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, taking the massive sink away clears some space for you and is another step closer to getting the bathroom finished. Fingers are crossed that it won't take too long now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Progress on the bathroom - a little at least. I hope things get settled soon. It's the waiting that I hate.

    ReplyDelete