Pages

Monday 16 January 2023

Clothes Maketh the Man

Bless - thank you!

Sharon - when bear was younger, he didn't want to leave town. Now the sky's the limit. If he stays in the UK, 600 miles won't take him far, but I sort of hope that he goes within reasonable difference - if he wants!

Eileen - Thank you! All the things that they do now are so different, and so much more is on the kids. I can't keep up. 

Wherethejourneytakesme - I was on that road around 4pm. It's a horrible road. You have a gazillion and four speed cameras, double parking, some weird road layout, commercial vehicles, cyclists and some 'interesting' junctions. I do it most days as well, and I must be mad.

Lovely unknown commenter - Because it's a new school and bear (if he gets in) will be one of the first students, it's hard to know where to pitch it. It's such a worry.

Bear wants to wear jeans for the interview. DH and I are strongly not in favour of this. Negotiations are ongoing and complex. I am suggesting a blazer or suit jacket. Bear is objecting on the grounds that the interview is not supposed to be in school uniform and all schools have a blazer as part of their uniform. I would get him a less formal jacket, but I don't have time to swing through all the charity shops and new it would cost quite a bit. The ones I've liked have all been over £30, which I would unhesitatingly pay if I thought bear would wear it again. Bear doesn't wear jackets or coats. I can sometimes persuade him to wear a hoodie. Bear is holding out for black jeans, plain black t-shirt and plain black hoodie. The best I can say about that lot is at least they would be clean and without holes. 

I got one row knitted on my hat.

This morning when I got home from dropping bear off, a squirrel ran out of our garden. Then another one followed it. Then a third shot across the road in front of me. We had three squirrels in the garden. I had some bulbs that I was seriously looking at putting in as we are just about in the last gasp, but I can't see the point if the squirrels are going to be raiding. I think all I can do now is get the garden tidy and hope for the best. 

I apologise, I'm missing the blogs. I've been caught up in a storm of stuff and now I've missed so much of people's wonderful posts. I'll be dotting in and out, because while I should be concentrating on other things, I miss the awesome people I read. There is a lot of writing stuff and a lot of bear stuff and housewifery stuff all happening. I'll share when I can or when something actually happens. There is so much going on in my head that I can't get to sleep. 

Writing stuff - speaking of which, this week's flash fiction is here. I really want to keep up with this as it's incredibly healthy for my writing. 

Hugs and good health to all 

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with getting bear to wear something more formal than his choice of jeans and t-shirt for the interview. :)
    I've been seeing a trio of squirrels in my garden, too! They've been chasing one another along the walls, across the yard, and on the garage roof! I love watching them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could get him to wear a shirt of some kind with the black jeans instead of a tee shirt. Casual, but not too casual.

    I've lost count of how many squirrels in our garden. One comes right up when I go out the door hoping for a peanut lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might mention to Bear that you never get a second chance to make a first impression :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's none of my business really but I'd agree with you at least as far as wearing proper trousers rather than jeans. I wish him good luck anyway.

    Don't worry about not being able to visit our blogs at the moment. Life happens and you have a lot on your plate so it's understandable that you can't spare the time. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete