Pages

Wednesday 4 January 2023

Wild

Wherethejourneytakesme - yes! And adding ricrac to hide the line where you've let a hem down! I can imagine bear's expression if I suggested that with his trousers that are, despite my careful washing, apparently shrinking. By the way, I once saw a tip of sewing a strip of fabric to the end of a short blanket to help with tucking it it which I thought was a great suggestion. If I didn't have duvets, I would definitely try that.

Sharon - candles always feel like a hug to me. Bear is currently quiet on how well his shoes fit, but I daresay that I will hear about it soon enough. School is so strict with shoes as well, so there is no chance of getting cheap ones.

Bless - thank you!

Cherie - It is so scary how the time has flown. It seems like no time since I brought him home. We are having some good times hanging out.

The weather this morning was foul, and it was just as well as a fox dashed straight across the road when I was least expecting it. I shouldn't be too surprised. I've seen rabbits around there before, and as it's near some light industrial/commercial areas then there are bound to be rats, but it woke me up!

I've had a somewhat naff raff morning and was caught up in a lot of writing, but I was cheered up, sort of, when I left the house ready for pick up and the squirrel was staring at me from the bushes. Here are two rather poor pics. 



I was definitely getting the feeling that I needed to load up the peanuts to the bird feeder and get out of the damned way. I got in the car and looked across and saw what I think was a kestrel. I couldn't get any sort of pic through rain spattered car windows and I didn't dare move, so this pic is from WikiCommons


This gave me a lot of food for thought as there are a lot of sparrows and small birds in general around here and a lot of rats. There is also quite a bit of rat poison down, and I hope that the kestrel won't be affected. According to Wiki, they eat mice and voles, and there are plenty of places for those around here. 

I'm caught up in writing at the moment, but hope to be back in real life soon.

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like your neighborhood is becoming a bit of a wildlife refuge! That kestrel looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you Lyssa. I can see the squirrel in the first photo. It's something I don't see around my house although there are plenty in the park in town. I'm quite envious of the wildlife you have around your home, although not the rats ... they would scare me witless! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Squirrels do so much damage in my garden that I no longer think of them as cute. Tony calls them fluffy tailed rats.

    ReplyDelete