Pages

Monday 23 January 2023

Continuing Slightly Bewildered

Hazel - I know! I am editing like crazy and bringing it up to standard. Thank you for the support that you have given my stories and never underestimate how much it means. I hope to keep telling them for a long time to come. 

I am not sure which utterly wonderful person said that the years since bear had started Grammar School had flown by, but thank you for the hug. I am so proud of him.

Eileen - the relief over the clothes is real. And I am just so proud of him!

Sharon - thank you. I think he looks quite handsome as well as smart, but I may be biased.

Bless - he may be glad that I insisted on the jacket, but I doubt that he would ever admit it.

I went out to sit in a car park and knit this weekend.



I'm glad that I knit blankets.

I can't knit properly in the car with straight needles. They stick out too much. I'll have to knit at home or invest in the garotte needles. Or I could save knitting the hat for at home and knit the ongoing blanket that's on circular needles in the car. Today I was knitting the blanket while I waited. 

I won tickets to go and see the evening entertainment at the Shrewsbury Steampunk Shindig and I am thrilled. The only thing is, I suspect that I may be a little old for it. I won by sharing a Facebook post, and I actually shared it because I sort of know the people involved vaguely and they seem lovely. I didn't expect to win anything. 

I may be a little hesitant about going to the evening do, but I quite fancy going to the day do (details here). Not only would it be loads of fun to go to a steampunk fair, but it's really near to Oswestry, where I'm setting my next steampunk book. I could get some atmosphere. The big drawback is that it is over two hours' drive on the motorway, over three hours on the side roads. I'm used to driving for maybe up to an hour at a time. I would also be on unfamiliar roads as I haven't been in that part of the world for nearly forty years. I ought to go for it, but I'm not sure...

Also, the electric fire in the study has broken. It turns on but instead of warm air all that comes out is a very unpleasant burning smell. We've had it for a few years, so I'm not too devastated. I'm putting it aside to see if bear can mend it to keep as a spare and I've ordered another inexpensive one. 

Writing stuff - I am editing and writing and have a gazillion and four ideas going around my head. This week's flash fiction is here. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. If that's snow on the ground, I'd be too cold to knit in the car! But, your knitting in the car reminds me of the time I used to sew in my car while waiting for my daughter to finish her weekend job at university. On the days when she worked a 3 or 4 hour shift, it would not be worth the time to drive back home and come back to pick her up, so I'd sit in the car near a park and sew! Those were good times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound really fun to go to! Will you go by yourself or with someone else? I'm really shy so it would be such a stretch for me to go to something like that however much fun it sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well congrats on winning the tickets even if you decide against going. It's always nice to win something isn't it?

    It's not the ideal time for the electric fire to give up. Hope Bear is able to repair it for you. xx

    ReplyDelete