Pages

Tuesday 17 January 2023

It's Cold!

Bless - I suspect that I'll be seeing plenty of the squirrels. They are so full of life!

Barbara - I definitely will be mentioning that!

Eileen - I am always comforted by your blog and I find it an encouragement. I think that I need to get back to them for my own sake.

Sharon - it's only a matter of time before the squirrels start but this morning it was a robin pointedly pecking at the empty peanut tray and looking hard at me that got the nuts topped up.

This morning, the car looked like this



Fortunately I had the cover thingy on the windscreen which helped.




It's a really sad, thin one that's held on by weak magnets. I may invest in a better one, or rather two. It would be a help to keep the rear window covered as well.

On the way home I called in to Marks and Spencer just in case and they had two bags of onions marked down, so I got 2kg of onions for £1.38. They're still more expensive than the cut price ones at Tesco, but they look so much nicer and I think that there will be less waste. 

DH called the sixth form college and smart jeans with shoes will be acceptable. So the current plan is for bear to wear a new pair of black jeans from Marks and Spencer, a nice new shirt (that he may actually wear again) from Matalan and a suit style jacket from Matalan that may also be dragged out later but I may be better off trying to re-sell. Bear thinks that he will look ridiculous. DH and I think he will look good. He's relatively tall, quite slim (more meat on a butcher's pencil) and holds himself well. We shall see. 

And tonight after dinner I drove him all the way back to school so he could have an interview with their sixth form transition teacher where she said his grades were fine, his plans for his future reasonable and sensible and that she would recommend he be accepted. Six minutes later we were back in the car and on our way home. I could have done without it. 

Now I am going to bed. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had a really busy day with a lot of driving! Tell bear that we are all wishing him well on this interview! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that - maybe - the clothes thing with Bear will work out. I think nowadays smart jeans and a shirt are considered work casual. It wouldn't be a thing in my day lol. I feel so old sometimes.

    My car looks like that a lot lol. I hate popping out to warm it up in the mornings, but luckily my car heats up quickly and is really good in cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you don't mind a lurker posting about Bear's upcoming college interview and clothing. It's pretty normal for teenagers to totally dismiss their parents' advice but I wondered if you had a male relative/friend who Bear gets on well with and who might be able to give their take on it. When my 2 were teenagers they would sometimes come home full of ideas because their trendy aunt had told them something that I had often been saying for weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you've got the interview outfit sorted. The interview for the 6th form at his current school made me smile ... are they just doing it to give them interview practice as they must already have a clear idea of who they are prepared to accept? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like to see a suit at an interview but I'm really old fashioned. New jeans and shirt is probably the done thing these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should see some of the scruffy long straggly haired male teachers at the University. Not a great example to follow.

    ReplyDelete