Pages

Wednesday 19 July 2023

Elderly Soap

I've just thrown out some soap that is older than bear. It would probably be okay - it was in a knotted sandwich bag - but the cupboard that I've been emptying is in a poor state. It's in a really awkward corner, and my knees really don't like getting there, but I need to give it a good wash out, or possibly use a flame thrower. There were packets in the back which once were cleaning boosters but now have fossilised in the damp, and they landed in the bin bag with a crunch. I'm also getting rid of a candle that isn't completely burned down as I really don't like the smell. I feel incredibly extravagant, and a little guilty. I think I would have to suffer the smell if it had cost more than £2.99.


I didn't take a pic and couldn't find any suitable pics online, so I thought that I'd share a pic of pretty bubbles.

I haven't made lists (yet) and I haven't got to the charity shop. I slept very badly last night so today I only drove as far as it took to get some halfway decent salad for DH. I made a real mess of parking. Next time I'll walk it, even though it would easily be an hour instead of ten minutes. The Co-op mini supermarket's car park is snug and on a vicious slope, with some awful tight turns to say that there are only eight spaces. But I was careful and managed to get parked after a thirty two point turn. 

I think I'll plan for the Charity shop run on Friday, as I've got a few bags ready to go already, and I hope to fill up a few more. I'm also repurposing a few things, and I'm feeling quite good about it all. I don't know if I'll manage to stay awake long enough for the Sewing Bee tonight. To be honest, I'm not feeling it for this season. I still haven't got over them cutting up the crocheted blankets. 

Writing stuff - I've published another in my series of 'Research and the Author' about researching fantasy backgrounds here. I'm having a lot of fun with these. I'm considering writing the next one on flowers. 

Hugs and good health to all.

6 comments:

  1. The term, 'elderly soap', made me smile. I don't know why. Well done on all the decluttering and clearing out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't think 'old' really did it justice lol

      Delete
  2. Good for you for getting the cupboard done and for the stuff you have ready to go to the charity shop. It does sound as though you are accomplishing some things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel like I'm taking tiny steps.

      Delete
  3. Have to agree about Sewing Bee, some really "strange" characters put me off at first, although I love the ones left in now, there were some weird challenges that were too far out for me. I found the same thing with Bake Off - too many I didn't take to and I also find the presenters make a big difference to me. Glad you got the cupboard cleared, understand about the knees and the thirty two point turn - still working on the charity shop clearance stuff myself ours get very picky over hardbacked books these days - don't want them for goodness sake! When I read you were considering writing one "on flowers" guess what I thought??? I really am getting too old to be out amongst society I think.. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it just feels... off. Once upon a time I felt that I could identify with the Sewing Bee in some sort of way, even as a non-sewer. Now I don't feel like I'm part of it.

      Charity shops are getting weirder about stuff. Now I'm really careful what I take.

      Delete