Pages

Saturday 29 July 2023

I Wish I Understood Myself

I'm nearly sixty and I haven't got a clue about myself. Mind you, at least I get a surprise along with everyone else when I go off at an unexpected tangent.

For some reason I finished the blanket that I abandoned around this time last year. I was re-knitting the blanket I finished before that, but for some reason I got distracted and picked up a blanket that, as far as I can tell, I last touched in February 2022! This is what it looked like then. 

After spending some time today, it looks like this.


The yarn is okay to knit with, but it gets incredibly tangled. But it makes a nice change to be finishing things off instead of starting them. Or, at least, getting them nearer to be finished off. I've thought of some other projects, of course. I seem to ricochet from one idea to the next. I have no idea why I'm suddenly starting to finish things off, but I'm taking it with both hands! I'm not sure why this particular thing called to me, but I was happy to answer and I found two stitch holders and a notebook in the bag, so that was an extra win!

I've more or less sorted out my computer issues with the shrinking fonts. I ended up restoring the original default settings on my browser. This meant that I lost loads of bits and pieces and for a while I lost my Google account. You see, I have my real name, my Sybil name and my Lyssa name all tangled up and I couldn't remember any of the dratted things! I'm left with something of a dilemma, though. I suspect that the main culprit was the TopCashBack extension to Chrome. I could forget about it, but I had added a few pennies over the last few months and it all helps these days. I'll have to think about it.

Hugs and good health to all.

4 comments:

  1. That fuzzy yarn is lovely! It'll make a nice snuggly blanket once it is finished. I tend to start projects, too, and don't always finish them. I hope you are able to get your various online accounts sorted out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is readable now, but I'm still tweaking my settings. The yarn is turning out beautifully, and remarkably warm for polyester.

      Delete
  2. It looks bright and cheery! I don't have a clue about myself either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I think self knowledge can be overrated and at least sometimes there's a surprise.

      Delete