Pages

Wednesday 26 July 2023

I'm Nervous

Tonight I'm going to drive to an unfamiliar place and park somewhere unknown while waiting until at least 10pm to pick up bear. He's been invited to take part in a pub quiz. He's only sixteen. I'm fairly certain that he won't try to drink (I don't think he has enough money on him) but... 

It's hard because I remember him as a little kid. And really he's too young to be going in pubs. He's possibly the least streetwise kid going. But... I was in pubs at his age. And I've a fair idea of the crowd that he's going with and they're nice, and I have checked out all the online references to the pub in question... 

I'm sure that he'll be fine. It's just a little hard. And at least I've extracted a load of rubbish from the car in case I end up giving lifts. 

I meant to take a pic of the honeysuckle near the gate as it's flourishing as well. The berries look almost festive.


I should pick them off to encourage more blossoms, but I'm still getting a few blossoms and I like to leave the berries for the birds. I'm going to have to get back to putting out food as I haven't seen any rats for a while. I used to see them crossing the street all the time, but at the moment they're not visible at all.

Writing stuff - I've published another instalment of 'Research and the Author - Clothes Maketh Man' and I had far too much fun writing it. 

Hugs and good health to all.

6 comments:

  1. It's so hard learning to let go isn't it. I'm sure he'll be fine and will have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The milestones never seem to get easier, but I've got to let him go.

      Delete
  2. I hope bear has fun and enjoys himself. I hope you have a safe drive to the pub and back and a safe place to park and wait for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - and bear usually is fine. It's always the parking that worries me, but I'm getting better

      Delete
  3. It's really hard when they start to do things like that. I'm sure he will be fine. You've given him a great start and he seems to have a really good head on his shoulders. I was in pubs at that age too, but I was definitely up to no good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose that's why I worry - I know exactly what I was up to at that age lol!

      Delete