Pages

Wednesday 5 July 2023

I Refuse to Make Plans

Every time I make plans, it goes wrong. I've been pottering around on the internet and thinking, and I'm trying to work out the best way to go on. The trouble is, I've been here so many times that I'm giving up.

There are exceptions to that, of course. I'm planning on watching the Great British Sewing Bee tonight while knitting. 

I've abandoned bear to make his own dinner (the kitchen is stuffed with food). He's doing okay. He tried on his outfit for the prom on Friday and he looks very smart - black trousers and jacket, black shirt, black tie and extra sarcasm. I asked him if him dressing all in black meant that he had any problems. He just gave me a Look and said that it meant that all his clothes matched. I couldn't argue with it. I suspect that colour blindness has something to do with it. On Monday there was a quantum thing online class (still no idea) and he was talking about there being red and green boxes. Bear is red and green colourblind. Apparently he managed.

I have no idea what I'm doing tomorrow. I'm not planning for it. I wonder if I should just make a list of all the tasks I could do? It would run to three volumes! But I could try picking something out at random, and that may get it further. I may not do much as I'm still feeling a little flattened, but I'm sure that I'll be better soon. 

And I wasn't too grumpy. I'm trying to keep to the 'publish Mon, Wed and Fri' and while I didn't manage Monday, I pulled together the article on research I was planning (here, if you're interested, it's just researching writing though). The trouble is, I get carried away. Did you know that a cable sent from London to New York in 1875 would cost three shillings a word? You would not believe the things I was finding out - that didn't make the article. I feel quite refreshed by that. 

I don't have any pics from today, so I had a look at last year. Ironically I was planning some writing stuff 


Which turned out to have eventually happened as I published Whisper in the Shadows (a collection of short stories, some previously published and some new ones) but it took nearly a year. 

Whatever happens tomorrow, I'm determined to find some fun in it. I'm bored of feeling sorry for myself. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

5 comments:

  1. Content yourself with knowing that you'll be doing more than I shall be tonight - I will also be watching Sewing Bee but unlike you I'm going to be doing absolutely nothing! Just because I can. Also like you I'm lacking direction at present so going absolutely nowhere fast. The difference is - I don't have a virus at present - I don't have any motivation either guess it'll turn up when it's ready.
    Take care, relax and make the best of the down time, Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for Bear! I do hope he has a good time. He does seem to know his own style. That's a good thing.

    I know what you mean about sticking to things. I am doing okay with breaking things down into weekly tasks and then break them down either further into daily things. So far it seems to be working. I just have to force myself not to get distracted lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give yourself a day off tomorrow and do something fun and relaxing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember as a teenager dressing in a lot of black - this was in the 70's so before the Goth trend. Looking back at photos I can see that actually there was often quite a difference in "black" with some being lighter/more grey which wasn't entirely due to some items being washed more. Now in my 60s I still tend to dress top to toe in "matching" colours. I don't wear black so much now but they are still mostly darker - blues, greens, and browns now. It does make life much more simple than trying to work out if this colour goes with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps make a short task list of five things to do instead of a big one. When you tick each item off that list make another short one.

    ReplyDelete