Pages

Monday 10 July 2023

I Can Just...

The trouble with me is that I think of something like, I have a new chest of drawers. It should have a cloth over it to protect the surface. I can pick up some scrap fabric and I can just hem it...

When I start something with 'I can just...' it never ends well. I've started with this piece of fabric, which looks awesome, and I'm having an awful time. It frays with malice, it's relatively thin, and if I have decent sized double hems, it cuts the width down to barely enough. And if I don't have decent sized double hems, the damned things going to fray to pieces. I've started sewing, by hand. 


But it's giving me eye strain. I thought it would be quicker to just sew along the seams instead of setting up the sewing machine and working out what I'm doing, and I'm going to have a devil of a job to mitre the corners, but I'm regretting it right now.

All is otherwise normal. I had a delivery from Morrisons and I seem to accidentally be taking part in their 'spend x for four out of five weeks to get x points'. It's just that bear likes their snacky stuff. He's not eating that much of it. The lad has been out of his room on an average of three hours a day (not counting prom) which is normal for teenager. I'm working on it. 

And I called in at Tesco. The men like Pringles, and they are currently £1.85 Clubcard price (for now) and I have a coupon for double points. I bought twenty tubes. I can't remember the last time I bought Pringles, but it was a similar offer and they've run out now. 

And I've washed out one of the the towers of plastic drawers that were in the place of the new chest of drawers and I hope to start getting it set up tomorrow. I've not done much, but I've done something. I'll take that. I've still not started planning.

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. My mum used to cover every surface with a collection of old cloths or towels. Needless to say I don't cover anything up as it used to annoy me so much but covers do protect and keep your furniture in good condition so I relented with our sofa and bought a throw to cover it. Hope your menfolk don't go off the Pringles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very pretty piece of fabric, though! I hope you are able to get it hemmed and it goes well. Ooh, now you have me wanting pringles! :D

    ReplyDelete