Pages

Saturday 4 November 2023

A Little Tired

Bear got the bus out to the firework display tonight but needed a lift home. I said it was no problem, and I was happy to give a friend a lift as well. 

So I was driving at night, in drizzle, on unfamiliar roads to pick up bear. I'd much rather do that than worry about him hanging around in this weather, but it was still a little nervewracking. I've scraped or dinked something (not really my fault) and according to Google Maps I drove 44 miles and for an hour and 52 minutes. This may or may not include the time when I lost signal when I was relying on my phone for directions. I drove there, picked up the lads and drove back without much break. 

And now I'm going to collapse into bed. Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. Well done, you, driving at night, in the rain, on unfamiliar roads! Reminds me of the times when I had to pick up my daughter from various places after she had done required volunteer work as a member of a community volunteer group at school. One time, I was so nervous about going out to some far away place at night, that I asked one of my friends to go with me (she was very kind and accompanied me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally don't mind, but I'd have no problems asking DH to come with me. I enjoy driving, even after last night, and DH doesn't, but he's very good company and a good passenger.

      Delete
  2. It's amazing what you can do for your children that you wouldn't choose to do. I remember my late mother who lead my 4 year old daughter round the ring on her little pony at our next door village fancy dress show. My horse was with us who couldn't be left alone in the trailer and my husband had to leave suddenly with my father who had just arrived to say a trailer load of hay was on fire on the road near our farm. They went off to help and rather than disappoint my daughter she lead her around despite being petrified on horses. Su

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can do all sorts of crazy things for bear that I would never consider for myself. I think that's true of most mums though. And good for your mum. That's being a real hero.

      Delete