Pages

Tuesday 14 November 2023

Very Dull

The only thing around here that's exciting is the weather. I had a quick look at last year's pics as I hadn't taken any recently and I found this one of Gladys from last November.


I think she may have been cut back a little, but she was a lot thinner. I'm sure that cutting her right back has been a benefit. This is the last full pic of Gladys on my phone. 

I think that I'll make a point of pruning her when the frost hits and she loses her flowers. The growth is a lot thicker. 

I spent a lot of the weekend relaxing. Bear was out on Friday night at an apparently awesome party, then he was out Saturday night to see the lights switched on at Cleckheaton. Of course I was happy to run him around but last night I dreamt that bear had got a Saturday job at Whitby, which is two hours each way, and I thought that was a step too far for lifts.

Bear was late home as he stayed on to try a Karate taster lesson put on by the school. I remember how unenthusiastic he was about Taekwondo when he was little, but Karate may suit him better. He has been so much better with his joints and (I think) Karate doesn't require kicks which would cause havoc with his iffy knee. He seemed to have enjoyed it regardless. 

I've hardly anything ready for Christmas this year. It seems to have crept up on me. Bear is getting driving lessons, plus a few bits here and there. He doesn't need much. As usual, I've no idea what to get DH. I'm putting in my usual request for candles as I love candles. 

Writing stuff - the latest chapter of Invitation Accepted is here. I hope to catch up with a few other things in the next few days and I'll share what I can.

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Gladys is gorgeous! An annual prune would do her good, I'm sure. :) I refuse to think of Christmas until Thanksgiving is over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so invested in this plant! I'm being caught on the back foot this year, but I'm not stressing.

      Delete