Pages

Tuesday 28 November 2023

Small Things Continue

I managed a few bits today, but I have that big appointment tomorrow and my eyes are sore. I think I'll be picking up again properly on Thursday, depending on how things go. I'll share how well I do.

I actually managed to speak to my doctor's office about how I'm getting anxious and they've given me some numbers for counselling. I'm having a think.

Anyone who reads this will know how silly I'm being. If I was reading someone else writing this, I would sympathetically and kindly tell them that they're being an idiot. But I can't help feeling that I just ought to pull myself together. Rationally, I know that's not how it works. I'm just not being very rational - and that bugs me more than anything else!

I refuse to feel too 'doom and gloom' about it. I'm going to go away and write some nonsense. It's not likely to ever see the light of day, but I plan to write something silly and playful and ridiculous and have it held in my mind when I'm going through the procedures. 

I meant to take a pic of Gladys today when I managed my few paces outside the house, but it was too dark, so here is a pic from Unsplash, taken by Alec D


And that's the attitude I'm taking to my writing. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

6 comments:

  1. Just sending a hug and to say it's not silly at all to feel as you do. ((big hugs)) Christine in Bedford xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chris. The hugs are wonderfully welcome.

      Delete
  2. I wonder if it might be an idea for you to get another cat, you obviously have an affection for Cats and having another may be just what you need to find calm and reduced anxiety in your life, therefore maybe making it easier for you to achieve the struggles you are finding at the moment.
    Take care ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if we should get another cat right now, but perhaps I should consider it. I haven't had a cat since bear was in primary school. In my experience, they aren't always calming, but they are wonderfully relaxing.

      Delete
  3. It's good that you were able to speak with someone in your doctor's office. I hope tomorrow's appointment will go well. Extend to yourself the same compassion you'd show to someone else going through what you are experiencing. We need to be kind to ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I need to keep coming back to this.

      Delete