Pages

Friday 3 November 2023

Bear Is Sensible

Bear met up with his friends today. They had a wander in Leeds and then went back to a friend's house. Bear texted me to ask if it was okay if he was late. I remembered what I was like at that age and said that it was okay but not too late and that I didn't want to be out much past midnight. Bear asked to be picked up at 8.30pm. I think that we've established that bear is the sensible one in the house. 

He's lined me up for a few lifts over the next week or so, but I don't mind. It gets me out of the house and I'd rather he had a social life. 

Speaking of sensible - here is the crow light that DH and I fell for.


We splashed out on a 'smart bulb' so it changes colour and can be switched on and off remotely. As it's an LED bulb, it should last for a while, and it makes us happy. 

There were some fireworks in the street earlier. I'm not a huge fan these days, and I'm a little wary about the possibility of fireworks being thrown at cars. I don't think that it happens as much these days, partly because fireworks are so expensive. And I got lost as it was a new pick up point and I ended up caught in a maze of side streets.

Next door but one had their fireworks tonight. Bear and DH are quite adamant that they are having theirs, possibly on Monday, depending on bear's social life. I am concerned about the local pets, but I don't suppose our small contribution will make much difference. And as father always did the fireworks, it is also something of a reminder of him.

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. That's funny - you were thinking of late as midnight and bear was thinking 8:30 p.m. :) I really like the wall paper in your room. Such a lovely pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of like it too. It feels very dignified, thank you!

      Delete
  2. My husband and I were talking about fireworks yesterday, our misspent youth with jumping jacks and bangers! We had two Springer Spaniels who were terrified of fireworks, we used to have the tv on loud but they still needed somewhere to hide or be cuddled. I love fireworks, reminds me of my Dad and our little street's bonfire parties. Not sure how our small rescue dog will be as we have only had him since January. Hope it's dry enough for your guys to enjoy theirs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worry about pets at this time of year. My brother always takes a holiday in the middle of nowhere at this time of year for the sake of his dogs.
      But the fireworks hold such memories of family, so it's hard not to be part of it. Please pass on gentle scritches for me.

      Delete