Pages

Monday 27 November 2023

Not the Start that I Wanted

It's not been brilliant.

I have spent a lot of today chasing up the eye clinic. The people in the central hospital department who make the appointments apparently forgot the urgent appointment needed by the clinic. After some back and forth, I'm now going in on Wednesday. They booked a double appointment as I was so twitchy last time. I'm mortified. 

And after the near panic I had trying to convince the main hospital reception to put me through to the main eye clinic, I have also made an appointment to try and speak to someone. I'm having a lot of trouble feeling that I'm not worth this kerfuffle and it makes it hard for me to try and get help. If it's for bear, I can climb mountains. I'm not sure that I can manage much of anything apart from that. It would be good to talk it out with someone. That should at least start to happen tomorrow. 

But - I took vitamins, emptied the dehumidifier and ticked quite a few things off the list, so I'm not too unhappy. It's always going to be a list to attempt. If I don't get it all done then it's not the end of the world. I've also thought of a few different things that I need to add. And I called in to Aldi (DH was driving) for some bits for bear so I got out of the house. I'm taking it as a win.

Hugs and good health to all. 

6 comments:

  1. I sometimes think that's one of the things of being a Mum - you will do anything for your child, but not yourself. You are worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((HUGS))) Think of it as you need to take good care of yourself in order to be there for bear as he still needs you and will need you for a long time to come. You are doing it for both of you (not to mention your husband who also probably needs and wants you in his life for a long time to come). I hope your appointments go well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the hugs - they are so welcome. You're right. I need to find a way of putting that in the centre.

      Delete
  3. Well done for identifying you have a problem and trying to get help. I am very much the same as you and have often "suffered in silence". The trouble is that by the time I have plucked up the courage to ring a doctor I can be a little too aggressive - which I'm totally not. I can't seem to find a middle point of being pleasant but assertive. I think it stems from being "threatened" with being taken to the doctor when I was little. I didn't sleep much, and when I did I often had nightmares and was prone to sleep-walking. I still seem to need less sleep than many others and although I don't think I sleepwalk any more (I live alone so can't be sure) I do still have vivid dreams. So although I was a manager in finance for many years and was perfectly able to speak in meetings and presentations etc., and in most areas of my life I am very organised and capable, the thought of having to talk to a doctor is pretty daunting - I'd rather go to the dentist! I hope the eye appointment goes well for you and you get to talk to someone helpful. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's tough finding a way when you've been brought up to follow a particular route. I'm sending hugs and wishes for peaceful sleep.

      Delete