Pages

Thursday 30 November 2023

There May Have Been a Snowflake

We practically never get snow in November here. In fact, we're more likely to get it in February or March. I read somewhere that statistically, England is more likely to get a White Easter than a White Christmas. However at least three flakes fell last night. 


This was NOT forecast. At least I managed to persuade bear to wear a hoodie, although he was a little worried that the buses would be tricky as they faint at the thought of snow. 

I've done quite a few bits today. I've not been following the checklist, but I've done things like take vitamins and empty the dehumidifier. I've eaten relatively sensibly. I even left the house to go a few yards when I was topping up the bird feeder. I also got quite a bit of writing stuff done. There's all sorts of bits bubbling around in the background which won't see the light of day for a while, but I'm hopefully getting a bit further on. 

I'm starting again with the list. I'm adding loads and loads on, but I've decided that I'm not going to stress about everything. I'm just going to try and get some of it done and I'll call it a win. The point of putting it all on the list is to get it out of my head. There's also a risk of me thinking 'I can do this later/tomorrow/next week/next month' and this will hopefully keep me a little more on point. Anyway, I've had another play and here is the start of the daily list and the weekly list, so that I don't give out personal stuff, and I've also added a sort of timetable of what needs to be done on each day. 



I'll keep sharing how it goes.

I'm doing okay at the moment, I guess. I'm feeling a little tired, but I'm sure that I'll pick up soon, especially if I'm taking my vitamins. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. Great list setup. I am terrible at making lists and keeping them. I do them for a little while then sort of get distracted - the story of my life. On our really snowy day here the furthest I went was the birdfeeders outside. The birds were eating like crazy. Unfortunately, I slipped twice. Fortunately, nothing was broken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making a list is a lot easier than sticking to it. I'm giving myself permission to take it as a win if I just do some of it.
      I'm glad you were okay - slipping and sliding is scary and the birds are lucky to have you.

      Delete
  2. Oh, wow! Snow! I think you might have had at least half a dozen flakes of it! LOL!
    I really, really like your Daily Tracker and I might borrow that idea from you to keep track of my daily tasks, instead of trying to remember it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This corner of the world seems to have hysterics at the hint of a snowflake lol.
      I'm putting loads on the tracker, just to get stuff out of my head, but I'm not pushing myself to do everything. I'm hoping that it will make me mindful. And this layout makes it easy if I use your trick and put them behind glass in a picture frame.

      Delete