Pages

Saturday 25 November 2023

Mainly Knitting

Today has been mainly knitting. I had a dreadful night with not much sleep, so I decided to take it easier today. 

It's been quite calm. I've watched some documentaries (we have a free trial of Apple TV and I want to make the most of it) and knitted, and I went with DH to a local farm where they have a coffee shop - which is gorgeous. And they have plants in hanging wall thingies which I think look amazing.



I think that it's pretty much how farms need to use every trick they can. This farm has an egg business, plus the cafe (which is really lovely) and livery stables. 

Afterwards DH, bear and I watched the Doctor Who 60th Anniversary Programme. It was a lot of fun, and as the BBC have all available old episodes on the iPlayer, I suspect that a Doctor Who marathon may be happening over the next week or so. It's great for getting knitting done. 

It's the first frost that I've noticed. 


That was at 10pm. I think that we're heading into scraper weather. I'll be keeping a close eye on Gladys and cut her back when the flowers and leaves fall.

Hugs and good health to all. 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a really good day. It's definitely getting colder here now. This morning it was -8C! Tomorrow we're supposed to have snow. Ick

    ReplyDelete
  2. The farm sounds really nice. We’ve used the wall planting bags for a couple of years but not successfully as they weren’t in full sun.

    At this time of year most of our garden is now in shade - apart from the bit at the end. Shouldn’t wish your life away - but roll on spring🙂

    I feel the cold too and the last two nights we’ve had strong frosts.

    You are wise even to think about structuring and organising your time - I admit I don’t. Sometimes I even forget to put appointments in the phone…

    In my head I plan to do so much - in reality, I don’t! Currently I’m trying complete crochet WIP’s … little things - all unfinished in their own little plastic bags🫤

    Compared to me you are very busy indeed; don’t put yourself down.🙂Love Mary xx


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the hugs! I think I need to follow your example and think about finishing off some WIP.

      Delete
  3. Hope your weekend is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete