Pages

Saturday 13 January 2024

I Broke Another Bag

It's been so long since I actually went out. I can't remember going anywhere since before Christmas. I couldn't find my coat. As it was, I nipped out to Aldi in a new location to pick up some Chorizo for a recipe DH is trying tomorrow. I'll share if it works out. 

The new location was bigger than I'm used to, or at least it felt that way. I think it's fairly new.

But the drive there was horrible - it was dark and there were lots of mini roundabouts and fiddly bits. It was only around 5.30pm, though, so having no lighting in the car park made parking a little tricky. I missed the road markings and went the wrong way around the one way system. 


This is the car park as I left the store - and it was going to be open for at least another four hours!

While I was out, my bag self destructed. The zip became ridiculously jammed and the thingy that attaches the shoulder strap made a hole in the sleeve of my sweater.


I am unimpressed. I'm going to have to get another bag. The trouble is, I loathe spending money on them and I don't seem to be able to see any that I like. I ended up ordering one from Amazon that cost over £30 and I wanted to cry. 

(and I'm going to be knitting a sweater to replace this as it's on it's way out anyway but I didn't appreciate the hole)

I also saw a bag that I really liked, which was £40, and I was desperately tempted but it's a goth bag. I'm not goth. I'm grey haired and saggy. But it's just that I liked it. It's all straps and spikes and intrigues me, I guess as a writer. I can't imagine that it would fit in with me as I shop in Tesco. Mind you, I can't imagine anyone noticing what sort of bag I'm carrying. 

We had some more slices of the cake but it was pretty dry. I'm sure that I overbeat the eggs and sugar.

Otherwise it's been a lovely, quiet day with a hope of the same tomorrow.

Hugs and good health to all.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about the bag. Go for the goth one. It's nice and would look fine. I don't think it looks like only a young-person bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very dark parking lot! Aren't there building code requirements for lighting in commercial parking lots over there?
    So sorry your bag damaged your sweater sleeve! Maybe you can mend the hole - visible mending is a thing, these days, but, if you don't like that, embroider a flower to cover the hole. :)
    Get the bag you like! It's cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That bag is now higher on the list as you have amazing taste.

      I'm not sure what the regulations are on parking but it's the first time that I've ever seen a car park that dark during business hours. Tesco has a car park where alternate lights go out if there's no movement, but it's still a lot brighter.

      Delete