Pages

Tuesday 2 January 2024

Start of the Year

It's continuing quiet here. DH is back at work but bear isn't back until next Monday. I didn't post yesterday as there wasn't really much to post.

My cough continues, and it's very trying. I abandoned bear to look after himself (which he was fine with). It's got a lot worse over the day, but if it follows the pattern that DH suffered, I should be fine soon. So much for going out all the time. 

I picked bear up from a MacDonalds on New Year's Day. He was incredibly stingy with any gossip. He seems to have had a good time and there doesn't seem to have been any trouble, so I'm happy about that. 

As I have Kindle Unlimited, I've probably got my money's worth from a whole year of subscription reading rubbishy romances that I don't want to admit to. I've picked up on a surprising amount of typos and I'm praying that my stuff isn't that bad. It's so easy to miss stuff. Also, there seem to be a lot of fake date billionaire brother's friend's secret werebear special forces going on. When it comes to my reading so far this year, I admit nothing!

I haven't taken pics, so here is a pretty one that I found on Unsplash, from Europeana There has to be at least a ghost in there - right?



I may use it for a writing prompt. 

Writing stuff - speaking of writing prompts, today's writing prompt is here, with a much less interesting pic. You may notice that the title reads 'Writing Prompt Number 5' but the url refers to number 6. That's because I stacked up a load ready to go as I'm normally rubbish in January and February, and I lost track of the numbers. We all know that's normal for me. My response to last week's writing prompt is here

Any and all are invited to play with the writing prompt. You can share or not as you wish. I'm using it as a writing gym, and that's why I'm posting, but it doesn't mean that others can't benefit, if they feel like it and it's fun. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon! I've stopped my Kindle Unlimited for the time being. There are so great books on there, but a lot have really easy spelling/grammar mistakes. I find it really tough to read something when a you're and your gets mixed up in the first chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to point the finger too much, as I'm a writer too and I know how easy it is to slip, but some are just lazy!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good start to the year, other than the cough. I hope you feel better, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you - I'm sure that I shall.

    ReplyDelete