Pages

Sunday 21 January 2024

I Went Out

DH and I went to feed the crows again. It was awesome. We're sharing the bird food that we got in for the bird table. It was fascinating watching them. Crows can fit up to three monkey nuts in their beaks at the same time, but magpies can only fit one no matter how hard they try. There's also a mix of bigger and smaller birds and we think that it is adult and juveniles. Crows tend to strut around and weigh things up. Magpies watch from a distance then swoop in and grab something before darting off. 





The birds showed their appreciation by leaving a deposit on the windscreen. I did take a pic but decided not to share it.

Tesco are doing their 4 for the price of 3 on frozen stuff - but only online orders and only selected lines. Chicken is not part of it. I'll weigh up my options and try and get the best deal, but the pickings are slim. Most of the items on sale aren't stuff that I'd buy anyway. I've got a good deal on sweet potato fries, which we have on special occasions (the recommended price, which is the usual price, comes out at £14.60 for four packs, but the four packs under the deal are £7.50). I'm going to keep an eye on things. I think real bargains are going to be hard to find at the moment. 

Bear was helping with his college's open day, but when he got home we spent some time sharing stories about cats. It was great fun. 

Hugs and good health to all.


1 comment:

  1. Too funny about the birds showing their appreciation by leaving a deposit on the windscreen! :D Bargains are becoming harder to find, these days!

    ReplyDelete