Pages

Sunday 7 January 2024

Well That Was Fun

I'm fine, but today I had a couple of classic signs of a heart attack - pain in left arm, shoulder and neck and breathlessness. I headed to A&E (Emergency for those not UK) and was treated pretty quickly. I had an ECG and chest X-ray and all is clear. I noticed that there is a new sign of the times - power banks to rent.


You could rent a power bank for £3 per hour, keeping your phone on. I could make jokes, but it's a vital way of keeping family, friends and neighbours informed and being able to sort out things like lifts and taxis home. I didn't need it, however, as I dozed for most of the time. 

I'm really upset that I worried bear, but at least now all I need to do is try and work out what's going on with all the aches and pains. I think I will have an early night and start again tomorrow. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

9 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, that was frightening for you, such a relief that all was fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I was really worried at one point.

      Delete
  2. I am SO glad to hear that everything is okay. That must have been quite the scare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I could do with fewer scares like that

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you had yourself checked out and it was not a heart attack! Could it have been a form of anxiety/panic attack? I hope you can take it easy and rest, today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I think you are trying to do too much and pushing yourself too far. Bear was obviously upset - but although young he seems very sensible. I know what it’s like to please people and to try not to upset them; but now you need to put yourself first . Hugs xxx Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The hugs are really welcome. Bear is so steady - he didn't get it from me. I'm determined to take it steady for the next few days.

      Delete
  5. Oh my! I'm glad the tests were negative for heart problems - it may be the result of the recent coughing etc. When I was in hospital I was quite amazed at the "facilities" offered - some patients went off each day to the Costa coffee shop, and one lady not only had her phone charger but also a hot brush. I am trying to get serious about losing some weight - it isn't what put me on hospital (that was an auto-immune thing) but it doesn't help, and my knees will be grateful I'm sure. Best wishes xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. i hope that you are keeping safe now.
      I suppose hot brushes are good for morale, but personally I think I would have other things on my mind!

      Delete