Pages

Thursday 11 December 2014

Bear's school play

We have just been to bear's school play and it was wonderful.  The kids were great, the music and costumes were great and only one child had a nervous breakdown.  It really did look like an absolute meltdown where they tried to hide during a dance routine, poor lad.  Bear was in the choir with the rest of his year.  I have two more years before bear has the chance to learn lines.  He was delightful and I was so happy to see him.

I've once again been caught between the duty to my father and duty to my son.  Bear really needed our support at the school play, but my father was being taken to hospital to have an electric wheelchair sorted out on the same morning.  Today bear's need won, but I didn't like the feeling.  I don't think that I could have easily got to the relevant hospital by 8.30am regardless, which made the decision easier.  It is a scary thought that father could be off and out on his wheelchair with no warning.

I'm about to hit the 'panic buying because bear won't have many presents' stage, I can tell.  I've just received fifty candles which I didn't remember ordering.  I think we all need a quiet Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. You did the right thing. A child's performances only ever happen once and you will never have the opportunity to see them again. Unless your father's situation is life-threatening, Bear takes priority.

    ReplyDelete