Pages

Thursday 18 June 2015

Different Types of Minor Problems

It's minor problems.  To be honest, I think it shows I have too much time on my hands.

Problem Number One - bear has come back from a school trip convinced that a ghost is attached to him.  My great-grandmother was a medium which has convinced me that a lot of the mediums are hokum.  My grandmother went to a Spiritualist Sunday School and Summer Camp and she had beliefs that absolutely shackled her behaviour.  I've done a brisk, 'I'm sure it's nothing' but it doesn't sound like the teachers nipped what sounded like hysteria on the coach back in the bud.  I can happily encourage bear to believe in dragons under the house steps, but I can see me being up and down all night with nightmares.


Problem Number Two - I have vast quantities of fennel and no idea what do do with it.



At the moment I am considering getting a large bottle of gin, leaving the fennel in it to infuse and making my own gripe water.  Back in the less enlightened days, gripe water was gin flavoured with fennel and fennel is supposed to be good for the stomach.  I don't know how it will affect my stomach, but the summer holiday is only a few weeks away, just enough time for the gripe water to mature and I'm sure it will make me feel better after a long day full of small boys.

Fennel is also supposed to be good for fish.  I can't see me serving up fish fingers on a bed of fennel, but who knows.  I'll put a large quantity in the frittata tonight and see how it goes.  If it is a fail we can always go to the chippy.

3 comments:

  1. I loved gripe water as a child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where on earth was that school trip ? - Most Haunted ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dry for fennel tea? It's diuretic and good for cystitis. Or at a push, a homely Christmas gift? !

    ReplyDelete