Pages

Sunday 25 February 2018

My Pulses are Racing!

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist the pun.  I'm getting quite into the idea of lentils.  Partly because yesterday when we had Dal Nirvana the men almost inhaled the lentil dish but today when we had roast beef they were less impressed.  I am less and less confident about roasting things and so I bought a 'roast in the bag' beef joint that was supposed to be fool-proof.  What can I say?  I'm obviously a better quality of fool.  It was very tough.  Fortunately we had crumble afterwards which went down well, so that was a compensation.  The beef alone was £7.50!!!  There wasn't even enough left to try and shred and cook with plenty of onions and tomatoes.  As for the dal nirvana, I suppose it was @ £2.50 for the whole dinner. 

Barb from Canada shared this link to a Canadian organisation but I already knew of a Canadian website called lentils.org and I really need to spend more time on there.  There are swathes of recipes and they really can't be worse than the beef today. 

It is nice to see links with people.  I smile (genuinely!) when I see links to people, like the Canadian lentil sites.  I'm racking my brains and I still can't remember the name of the lovely lady who lives absolutely dead centre of Canada (bear was fascinated by that idea, as we are almost dead centre of England), and of course there is Barb and I'm sure other's I've forgotten (sorry).  The coconut milk came from Sri Lanka and reminded me of Bless.  I love seeing links. 

I started bear on some knitting this morning.  It went as well as can be expected.  Bear accepted that he was not immediately perfect, although he did a good job for a first attempt.  I cast on 25 stitches for him and when he conceded defeat and accepted that it would never be a decent scarf he had it up to 67 stitches.  He has started another attempt.  We both agree that for him it's the process and not the end result that matters and he had fun.  I'm looking forward to seeing how it works out. 

5 comments:

  1. "The coconut milk came from Sri Lanka and reminded me of Bless."

    That made me feel very happy! :D

    Bear's knitting reminds me that there is a scarf that my daughter started, when I was teaching her to knit - as far as I know, it is still somewhere in the depths of the guest room closet, as she got bored with it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bear's scarf is very likely to go exactly the same way! I don't mind as long as he is having fun. LM x

      Delete
  2. Good for him for trying! It's only taken me 47 years to learn so he's got plenty of time lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may not be getting out mentally to the blogs as much as well as not getting out of the house, but I have seen your knitting and you are awesome! I hope he catches up with you. LM x

      Delete
    2. Also, I may have been knitting since I was 8 (and I'll never see fifty again!) but I learned the magic knot technique from reading your blog - just sayin'! LM x

      Delete