Pages

Friday 16 February 2018

So near, yet so far...

I could in theory get on the bus into Leeds tomorrow, then a regular bus from Leeds to Skipton, and go to the amazing Art Exhibition, TAM on Tour, at Skipton Town Hall. It looks fantastic and I love the chance to perhaps afford something original and beautiful, especially by K J Sutcliffe, who is kind enough to sometimes comment here and who is absolutely wonderful.   Then I could get one of the frequent buses home. 

On the other hand, I am nervous that I might meet someone who sort of 'knows' me, that I won't be able to get out of the door (still haven't posted the birth certificate) and that my back will go.  My back is 'going' on a regular basis. I can manage about ten minutes of movement before I get like a cramp in the muscles in my back so getting to the nearest bus stop is a challenge. 

On the third hand (I could get an Olympic medal at dithering) I love Skipton, the castle is wonderful (though expensive), the church is lovely and does teas, and there is a wonderful small but free museum in Skipton Town Hall and I wouldn't mind having another look there.  There may also be some rather nice yarn shops in Skipton together with a shop near the bus station that sells off cuts and remnants of stunning fabric at very reasonable prices called the fent shop but I am skipping over them.  If I remember from the last time I went in the Fent Shop, it doesn't have much cheap fabric, but it has amazingly lovely and expensive fabric at a reduced price.  By the way, I have only heard the word 'fent' meaning 'remnant' in Yorkshire.  I don't know if it's common elsewhere. 

I don't know if I'll be able to go but I recommend anyone in the area to pop in.  Also, sending best wishes and good luck to the artists there. 

4 comments:

  1. Feel the fear and do it anyway...ride the wave and celebrate with tea and cake when you reach the shore..oh and fabric...good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should go and give her my warmest regards too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a lovely place to visit. I sympathise with the back issues. Mine's been playing up when I lay down! It's alright if I'm moving but whenever I go to lay down it hurts. Sigh. Between the two of us we'd have a decent back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a good day, whether you went out or not.

    ReplyDelete