Pages

Monday 15 April 2019

A New Low

Bear needs feeding up, and there is this complicated overlap about what he can eat when. Trust me when I say this, but this came from a place of absolute desperation. I bought frozen baked potatoes.

Access to ovens is a little hit and miss at the moment, and microwaved potatoes never seem to work for me. I need to manage a combination of different ovens, but I haven't hit the sweet spot yet that will get flavour, texture and time in perfect balance. Bear will eat baked potatoes, and I was so frantic that I bought the frozen ones. They were rubbish.

So what I found was that, effectively, I paid £4 per kilo instead of @ 80p per kilo for something less satisfactory. Bear had some very stern words with me.

On the bright side, I bought them when I drove out to Tescos in Batley, which is a good half hour away. I also picked up the jeans he needed, as he had grown out of all of his, plus trainers, also grown out of his, plus celery (his current favourite snack) plus sandwich meat. So I got some driving in. I think I should have hung back for a bus, and I may have been too assertive at a roundabout, but I was okay.

I'm feeling incredibly stressed and shaky about driving. The driving itself is fine, I'm confident I'm not a hazard. I'm just finding getting in the car tough. I'll be back when I can be positive.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete