Pages

Wednesday 24 April 2019

Another Day, Another Milestone

Bear and I went to the White Rose Centre and got him shoes which was a major milestone. Bear seemed fine with my driving, and was okay with me parking miles away from the doors where it was practically empty. I impressed him as I drove straight into a bay and it was wonderful and straight and perfectly within the lines - and miles from any other car.

We had the usual issues with shoes. Bear never feels comfy in the size that they give him. He takes size five in trainers, size five/six in football boots and they wanted him to wear a three and a half. He left with size five, and very nice they look as well. Then we picked up some rosemary oil for the air freshener in the car. I have a sort of clip thing that goes on the air vent which holds little pads and you drop some essential oil on them. I swear I only put a few drops and there is a seriously strong scent, but there are a lot worse scents than rosemary. I may use lemon next. I love the scent of lemon.

We got some refreshments and discussed the garden. I'm going to have to remove the lavender under the study window as we are getting new windows and bear believes it's best to dig everything out and start again. After some discussion, we drove to B&Q, which I hadn't planned on, but managed just fine (and reversed into a parking space! - again, miles from anyone else) and came out with a spade, a small fork, some goggles and a random assortment of plants. Bear persuaded me to pay £1.50 for a very small selection of carrots that would probably not yield the same as the 79p bag from Tesco, if I was lucky. I now have a packed programme tomorrow for gardening early, then picking bear's blazer up from the dry cleaners in Batley, and possibly investigating garden centres. Bear is starting to get Ideas, and I'm happy to let him go for it.

Writing stuff - Today I got to publish an interview with JK Allen, with the launch of 'Heavenfire', the second in the Angelborn series. I have spoken with JK Allen a few times, informally, and she is an awesome and lovely person, and I felt incredibly honoured to do the interview. I look up to her so much. Anyway, the interview is here,


I need to do more 'writey' things. I was determined to scale back and focus on books, but now that I'm going to be in a routine with getting bear to and from school and without the driving lessons, if I make at least an attempt to manage my time then I should be able to do the flash fiction as well as the instalments from the White Hart and the newsletter (definitely, absolutely, almost certain to come out this Friday) and still find time for the books.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete