Pages

Thursday 25 April 2019

Yet Another Milestone!

We were up early this morning. The local schools are back, but bear is in a different educational district and on holiday, so we started working in the garden at 8am as we knew that the various neighbouring families would be stirring as they were getting ready for school.

A few years ago, the lavender in front of the study looked like this


It has grown and got very leggy and straggly so I decided to replant it, and as the windows are coming Monday, it had to go now.  Bear pulled out the lavender and I cut and squished it into bags. So we ended up with it looking like this


That is actually the window to the dining room, which I'm keeping covered due to the utter shame I have of the state of the ironing pile in there. The study is above it, 90 inches wide and will need some manhandling to put in, so I'm leaving the bed bare until then. Then bear put down the back seats and I filled the car. That was around ten bags of lavender plants which meant a lot of fragrance, and that, added to the rosemary essential oil, meant that poor Red smelled very herbal. I remembered to take a pic of the air freshener


I was so cold when I set off that I found the heater! And I went to the tip (?dump for those outside UK) by myself! And I reversed into one of the bays! I felt so grown up. Then I went straight to Tesco at Batley, where I picked up some uniform shirts for bear for next year. I had a coupon (from the last delivery, ironically) where I got £5 off if I spent £25. I bought underwear and shirts for bear, shoes for myself and a t-shirt for DH. I also picked up some new and sharp secateurs, and bear has been putting them through their paces. He has decided he wants to dig everything out and start over. I'm fine with that but holding out to keep the yellow rose (which is older than him) and the lilac.

Then I staggered home. Dinner tonight was sausage with pasta. We have ongoing discussions about sausages and the men have decided that the frozen sausages are just inadequate compared to the 'good' gluten free sausages, so I have always had something of a juggling act making sure that any sausages were used up in time. However The Debbie and Andrew frozen sausages passed approval, so we can have those again.

I am now off for an early night as I am exhausted and I have another round of gardening and tip run tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete