Pages

Wednesday 10 May 2023

Drama

Bear has been late from school again due to drama. I don't have the full story, but it seems that a significant section of his drama course was missed and he was stuck after school trying to sort it out before the main exams begin next week (I think - soon anyway!).

I've been a bit low, but I'm picking up. I failed at temptation, and three balls of glow in the dark yarn arrived today.


They are 50g each and like that cheap cotton string that you buy in supermarkets. My experiments so far haven't given much glow. I started knitting a scarf while I was waiting for bear and got this far.


But something triangular was calling to me so I unravelled that and started a shawl that will hopefully stand out in dark mornings or evenings. So far I'm just about at the end of the first 50g ball.


As far as I can tell, it's not supposed to be machine washed and should be dried flat in the shade. I'm having too much fun to be stressed about it. If you are interested, I'm using twisted drop stitch (as it makes yarn go further), increasing on the first stitch only of each row. 

Hugs and good health to all.

4 comments:

  1. I hope bear is able to sort out the drama about missing drama!
    I like the idea of a glow in the dark scarf or shawl! Lovely openwork pattern, too; it should knit up fairly quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I can tell, bear will be fine, and the knitting is lovely, quick and easy.

      Delete
  2. Nice! It looks very complicated.

    Sorry that Bear is having some Drama with the Drama classes. I hope it gets sorted and isn't too stressful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that bear's drama is finally sorted. The knitting is really easy - I always look for the easier way!

      Delete