Pages

Monday 22 May 2023

Hello Monday

If bear asks, of course I don't mind carrying on the school run if required. If he doesn't get into the college he wants, of course I'll be happy to carry on driving him to and fro, or at least to. In reality, I cannot wait for the school run to end. Please let bear get a college place that means that he can get the bus in and out by himself, a bus that will take fifteen minutes instead of an hour and some. 

There were two accidents on the M62 near us this morning, which meant that by the time I had dropped bear off, there was a lot of gridlock going on. I picked up some bits from Tesco and then hung out in their car park until the worst had subsided, then ran into M&S. They had some gluten free coffee cake reduced, but I didn't fancy it so just grabbed the fruit that DH likes. There were no decent bargains today.

This meant that I started my day late and I've been off balance throughout. Then I got a chance to meet up with my brother in IKEA, and it was lovely to see him, and getting in and out of the restaurant there meant that I reached my steps target. And I only bought a chopping board, so that was a win.

Bear continues fine. 

I feel worn out. I managed to water the garden, but that's all. Well, obviously everyone was fed, and I got a few bits done here and there, but it's been a very limp sort of day. The first white rose is out. It's always later than the yellow rose.


The bush is full of blackspot and teeming with aphids and ants. Last year the sparrows who were fighting in the fuchsia did a good job of culling the aphids. Now that the fuchsia isn't quite so rampant, I think that I'm going to have to go out regularly with a soap and water spray. 

Writing stuff - I managed a little bit of writing here

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. Some days are like that and we feel worn out by the end of the day. Today (Monday) was such a day for me, too. After I came home from my regular appointment with the oncology nurse, I was so worn out that I napped for 2 hours! Hopefully, tomorrow will be less tiring for both of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful rose.

    I'm with you. I was so glad when I was done driving my children around. Of course, over here that meant them learning to drive while they were in high school and then borrowing my car to get themselves to school. That brought it's own set of worries, worrying about driving in the snow, being careful, ack. Mind you, they are older now and I still worry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bear's driving lessons will start in December. After that, I expect that I will have limited sight of the car lol!

      Delete