Pages

Wednesday 31 May 2023

Definition of Madness

The definition of madness is to keep doing the same thing while expecting different results. I should have known that I would have gone a little adrift. Still, I got some things done. I may not have got any studying done, but I'm just shy of three thousand words on my next writing project. I also rinsed out the recycling bin after it was emptied, did a little ironing, posted a couple of things on eBay and did some overdue life admin. 

I was also cold. I don't know if anyone remembers this, but it's supposed to be a shrug when it's finished. I have around ten more inches to go, and I dug it out because I really wanted something like this around me. As it was I was wrapped in a blanket over my sweater and top. 


I plan to settle down to a good knit while watching Sewing Bee tonight and hopefully get an inch or so knitted.

While I was in the garden I took this pic. 


Originally the yellow bin was on top of here, but the rats had dug under the paving stones to make a little tunnel for themselves. You can see the gap in the brick. This is incredibly useful. You see, many, many years ago, before bear was born, someone helped us in the garden but left that strip a compact and hardened strip that was useless, which is why we put the stones on top and parked bins there. Now we have moved the bins, I put in some sweet peas which I hope will do well, even though it's a little shaded. You see, when the rats dug through, they left a pile of the softest, well aired, well turned soil in the garden. I wish that they would attack some of the other beds. Though I suspect that they may have taken soil from the honeysuckle container. 

Tomorrow I'm going out as we'll need salad, so I'll take my knitting and have an hour knitting in the car. I also need to study and get some emails sorted out. I'm going to aim for 5k words again, though it's a big ask, and I want to do a very small amount of ironing. I also want to catch up on things like reading the blogs, which is always a good time for me. 

I feel that this month has somewhat slipped through my fingers. I'm determined to take hold of things and keep some sort of schedule. It's a work in progress, though, and we'll have to see how it goes. 

8 comments:

  1. Yikes. The rats have been at work! I know what you mean about May. I feel as though I've got absolutely nothing done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm determined to do better in June, and I'll share if I work anything out. Sending hugs - it's hard when time slips away from you.

      Delete
  2. You seem to be achieving mountains on my scale of life calculator ...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a lot on your plate as it is. I feel that you work wonders.

      Delete
  3. I love the colors in the yarn and seeing how they change as you knit! Oh, too funny about the rats digging up some soft soil for you to plant in! What a wonderful example of making lemonade when life hands you lemons! Enjoy your knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The knitting is fun! And it's always good to look at the bright side of things. It makes life so much easier. I'll still grumble about the rats, though.

      Delete
  4. I haven't watched any sewing bee this time. Is it worth catching up on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm, I suppose so. I've not gone back and rewatched any episodes. I haven't really connected with any of the contestants yet. It's good to knit to, at the moment, but I'll see how it goes.

      I think I'm missing the little bits of history and background to sewing and clothes making that they used to have. They helped to break up the 'these people are sewing' stretches. But Patrick and Esme are as fun as ever.

      Delete