Pages

Sunday 14 May 2023

Poor Sparrows

 


That is where the fuchsia used to be. Bear has cut it right back. I'll keep an eye on things, but I think the sparrows are not very happy at all. As the squirrel destroyed the fatball holder, and the seed holder is unfamiliar, I think that they have enough on their plate! 

Today bear went into Leeds and bought the brightest, most vivid, orange hoodie that I have ever seen! He normally wears black and black only. I think the stress may be getting to him as he has his first exam tomorrow. 

Today's tiny bit of gardening was watering the clematis and pouring boiling water on the weeds in the cracks of the paving stones. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. I bet he rocks that hoodie bless him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really does, and it's a nice change, if incredibly bright!

      Delete
  2. Your fuchsia will come back better than ever after being pruned! Look at that lovely yellow rose bush! And what is that other plant in the corner? It was completely hidden by the fuchsia, wasn't it? I'm sure the sparrows will adjust.

    I guess bear felt like a change from black; hope he enjoys wearing his orange hoodie. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lilac in the corner, and it's really blooming this year. To be honest, given what a monster the fuchsia has been, I expect at least a few inches to come back over the summer.

      Delete