Pages

Tuesday 2 May 2023

Somewhat Better

I'm feeling a lot better, though right at this moment my stomach is complaining and my joints are aching. I feel that I'm on the upswing though.

I was supposed to get a steroid cream. However when I got to Tesco, they said that they hadn't had that particular thing in for months and weren't expecting any. The cream was on a prescription for the antibiotics, so I got the antibiotics and rang the surgery to see what the doctor suggested. When I spoke to the receptionist there, she suggested asking the pharmacist what they had in. When I asked them, they looked at me blankly for a moment, then told me that they had stuff in that really isn't suitable. So I finally rang back to the doctors to get their opinion and I'm picking up another script and I can go around all the pharmacies. I'm better in myself, but I think that I need this cream.

I've been looking closely at the fuchsia. Fortunately all the neighbours already think that I'm insane. I found a few leaves near the base.


This is in a very sheltered part, right against the wall and near the corner, so I suspect that the frost may have been hard on it - it got down to silly temperatures here, much further than normal. I wonder if that is affecting the plant. I remember reading that some plants are triggered to sprout by temperature and some by daylight length. So some plants will send out their leaves and blossom in the Spring when the daylight reaches a certain length and others when the temperature gets to a certain level. I remember seeing that seeds sent from the USA during WWII caused problems because they were varieties best suited to areas far to the south of the US and not suited for the reduced seasons here. Anyway, I'll give it a good prune and see how it goes. 

Writing stuff - the latest instalment of Invitation Accepted is here - Chapter Twelve I've also posted it on a site called Royal Road, where authors post stories chapter by chapter, like I have been doing, so I thought I would post on there. I'm getting the hang of whatever is going on, but it looks like a good place to browse for reading and it's free. 

I'm all over the place still with the whole writing thing, so all sorts of stuff could end up anywhere. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

6 comments:


  1. Glad you're feeling a bit better. What a mess with the prescriptions!

    Hopefully the fuchsia will recover. I dread to think about the plants here as we've had some quite cold weather - snow yesterday! Up north they have had a lot of snow recently. I'm glad we decided to camp somewhere else for the holiday later in the month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not envy you the snow one tiny, tiny bit!

      Delete
  2. Hang in there Lyssa - I am sure it will get going with this warmer weather and if any of the upper branches don't recover they will easily prune back and that will encourage new growth. Give it a feed of liquid Seaweed - you can get it from Wilkos etc. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I can call into Wilkos tomorrow. I was thinking of taking it back even if it does recover as it can be a monster.

      Delete
  3. Glad you are feeling better; hope the pharmacy will have the new cream that was prescribed. Glad that the fuchsia is starting to show signs of new leaves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fuchsia has become an important character in my life - how crazy! Thank you!

      Delete