Pages

Wednesday 8 January 2014

Wobbly Wednesday

I overslept!  I must have hit 'Off' instead of 'Snooze' and had a very enjoyable dream about a wedding reception but I didn't realise until bear banged the bathroom door at 8.06!  I jumped straight out of bed and fell over.

I think the cold that has been rattling around since November has found my ears.  At one point I was considering asking next door to take bear in as I was having to hold on to things.  I kept getting the giggles as well because it was just silly the way I kept losing my balance.  I can imagine what I would have looked like in the playground, swaying and giggling at 8.55am!  I managed to compose myself and at least had the benefit of seeing a gorgeous rainbow this morning.


This isn't an actual photo of this morning but a picture from http://www.stockfreeimages.com/ as I couldn't stay steady enough to take a photo.

I did manage to get bear to school with a breakfast inside him, thank goodness. Bear has decided that one leg is longer than the other and the ensuing agony means that he should be let off school.  I haven't had the mental strength this week to do anything sensible about this, especially as the agony doesn't seem to show when he is hurtling around with his friends or tearing up and down after treats.  I am sticking to, 'Oh dear, never mind, be brave and you'll feel better at school'.  I think bear is a bit disgusted by my lack of maternal instincts to keep him off school and playing on his new computer.  

So at the moment I am having an interesting time with my balance and wondering how on earth I am going to do everything that I need to do today.  I suppose I really ought to consider the doctor, but it is almost certainly viral and could well go on its own so I am going to stall on that one unless it gets a lot worse.

I'm actually looking forward to a day of swaying, giggling and falling over.  All without the benefit of Cointreau.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your vertigo, a trip to the GP might be a good plan as sometimes early intervention is very effective. You could try looking up Cawthorne Cooksey exercises on the web, they may help. You really don't want it to get worse as it can be most debilitating. Hope it all clears up, best wishes, Vee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have a quick peak at the exercises - I'll start those tomorrow and see how it is. It's been getting better all day, so fingers crossed when the cold goes so will the dizziness (and giggling). I'll update. Thank you again for the exercises. WS xxx

      Delete