Pages

Saturday 30 July 2016

A Good Day

I helped with the Church Fair this morning.  It was okay.  Not brilliant, not amazing, but okay.  The hook a duck stall has gone missing, which was rather embarassing as I had splashed it's charms all over face book.  Still, the other stalls were there and a good time was had by all.  I was in charge of the roll tuppenny, where two pence pieces are rolled down a wooden groove and they are lost or, depending where they land, the win a prize.  I made £2.04, and while it was a drop in the ocean of the profits, lots of little kids had a great time!



Bear is being very bear.  He is well able to inhale three weeks worth of sugar in a sitting, and has set his sights on eating his bodyweight in sugar in a day, but today he refused an offer of a free cake (very politely!) and has just insisted on going downstairs and peeling and chopping carrots to snack on.  This week he is very focussed on healthy eating.  I have no idea what next week will bring.

Bear has had a good day.  He went to the big adventure playground with DH while I was at the fair, calling in for a quick play of the roll tuppenny game and an ice cream float (he wasn't entirely virtuous), before going out to see a production of the Addams Family by a youth theatre group.  It was a lot of fun, really well staged.  Then we had tea at his favourite cafe and now it is a quiet evening.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was a very nice day. :) Bear refusing cake in favor of a carrot made me smile. It reminded me of my daughter when she was about 4 years old - I had offered her some ice cream for dessert and she asked if she would have some sliced cucumber, instead! I never let her forget that!

    ReplyDelete