Pages

Sunday 17 July 2016

Another Day Out

We went to see The Tempest.  I wasn't sure that bear was ready for Shakespeare but the lady on the phone promised me that it would be fine.  I took bear's tablet, just in case.

Bear found it a challenge, although he sat still, didn't need his tablet and didn't chatter.  It wasn't helped by being out of doors on a windy day so the words were always going to be a little indistinct, and it wasn't the most awesome production ever, but it was fun and bear wants to keep having a go at Shakespeare.  I suspect some of it is because father adored Shakespeare (he got to watch it at Stratford upon Avon when he was a squaddie) and also bear does not want to be left out when DH and I go to the theatre.

There's quite a lot going on in Leeds.  Coming up is a bat and broth night at Temple Newsam.  If you don't believe me, here's the link.  I don't think that we'll go to that but we will certainly be checking out what's on.

Though after the cost of a baked potato out, we are definitely taking our own lunches!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome that Bear sat through the play and wants to experience it again! Good planning on your part, though, to go prepared with something for him to do, if he needed to.

    I'm not sure I'd want to attend a bat and broth night. I checked the link, but I don't know what the bat broth is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took my youngest son to see Midsummer Night's Dream when he was about Bear's age.
    I took my daughters to see Romeo & Juliet, when they were 12 & 13. My older son I took to watch Macbeth when he was 11 or 12.
    All my children still love Shakespeare.

    ReplyDelete