Pages

Friday 22 July 2016

Went Out!

I am not going to get many more chances to go out now, as the school holidays are almost on us.  My feet are really swollen.  I have just come in and daren't take my trainers off because I don't think I will be able to get them on again.  Apart from the heat, the big problem is I am not moving enough.  I could do stuff like go for a walk, but I keep bursting into tears when I am outside the house.  If this was a proper blog you would now be able to follow how I pulled myself together and started getting out and about and things miraculously improved.  As it is, it's just me and I think I have a bit to go yet before I can manage a daily walk.

It wasn't an amazing shop.  I picked up a few bits, some biscuits for the teachers, a candle for us, and (feeling like a vulture) I spent some money in BHS.

I can't believe that BHS have gone under.  I went to their store when I was a little girl to have a lunch with my grandmother, it was always one of the highlights of a visit to Liverpool.  To be honest, there hasn't been much in there that I have liked for a few years, but it is still sad to see it go.  I picked up a shirt and waistcoat for bear.  DH's auntie is visiting and may want to see him, so he will need to look sharp.  I also got him a onesie in the next size up that I will stash for Christmas, two shirts for DH and a shirt for uncle.


Here is a picture of a ripe blackberry.  What is remarkable is that the picture was taken today, which is quite early for ripe blackberries and the orange blossom, usually over at the end of May, is still out in some places.

This is a picture of the back yard of the local landlord.  He keeps his rental properties to the same standard.  I am so glad I don't rent from them.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to hear that you are having a hard time going out. Hope it gets better, soon.

    Looks like you'll have to go blackberry picking later, when more of the berries are ripe!

    ReplyDelete