Pages

Sunday 20 October 2019

A Quiet Sunday

It's been a quiet, lovely Sunday. I've been hanging out with bear, chatting about all the stuff he needs to be doing, and generally recharging before next week.

This afternoon we changed things up and all sat together while we took turns to read aloud. We've decided to start with Arthur Conan Doyle's 'A Study in Scarlet' for a dabble in Sherlock Holmes. I have suggested we go through some of the old classics, like Five Children and It, and stuff from Jules Verne and HG Wells. I think bear is up for that, and possibly we could include stuff like The Jungle Book and King Solomon's Mines. I know we read extracts when bear was much younger, and he was quite keen, but the language was a problem for him. I think he is much better equipped to deal with the more involved structure now. We read another chapter after dinner. And while the others were reading and when it wasn't my turn, I got on with some knitting.

The atmosphere of peace has cracked slightly as bear discovered twelve tasks he needs to do by tomorrow, having assured me that he didn't need to do any homework today.

Writing stuff - this will calm down soon. Today I have a short story here, and there is an audio recording from Timothy Bateman here.

Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment