Pages

Monday 28 October 2019

Satisfactory Start to the Week

I dropped off a few bags at the Salvation Army this morning. I absolutely nailed the parking. It's a small, cramped car park and I reverse parked into a slot first time and landed perfectly between the lines. It was immaculate! I wish I knew how I did it, because I haven't got a clue. Then I made an utter dog's dinner of the parking at Tesco, but I was still smug.

And I came home past the IKEA roundabout and intersection. Going out isn't too bad, but coming home is complicated. My driving instructor (who is awesome) described it as confusing. I was in the wrong lane at every intersection, but because it was quiet, it was okay. I think I will come back that way a few times when I haven't got passengers (to hear the language) to get the hang of it. It's a useful route to take to and from school. It's certainly longer, and definitely busier, but worth knowing. Also, I need to be able to get to IKEA.

Bear was awesome today. While I was out he unplugged every bit of cable involved with his computer, labelled everything, and re-plugged the lot, taping the wires together and to the desk and generally turning a rats' nest into a place of order. I was so impressed. He is why I need to go to the tip tomorrow. He got rid of so much rubbish. And then he had an amazing music lesson. He was far from perfect, but he was having a serious go at stuff and he gave all his attention.

Writing Stuff - Today is Monday so that means the writing challenge, which is here. Timothy Bateson, in his 31 Days of Halloween has an article about his top ten horror movies here. I'm not sure I agree with all of them, but it encouraged me to bookmark a few for the next few days.

Hugs to all.

Photo by Alex Azabache on Unsplash

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the driving! I never back into parking spaces. I always try to pull through if possible, if not I pull in and then back out as I find it easier. The car I have know shows you what's behind you and beeps rather loudly if something is near lol.

    Good for Bear for cleaning out his stuff. Hope you have a good Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to live on a busy(ish) main road with parking at the side. Over the years I perfected parallel parking, reversing into the smallest gap.
    Nowadays I make a pig's ear of reversing into any space!

    ReplyDelete