Pages

Monday 21 October 2019

Ouch!

Bear felt that his joints were good enough for games today, so went for it with gusto. He fell over and took all the skin off one knee. When he was a kid, every time he went out, he came back with lumps, bruises or missing skin. I remember far too well the time he went without a shirt and basically bodysurfed the stoney, gravel covered street. He was pebble-dashed. That took some work getting clean, which DH heroically undertook. I thought he had somewhat grown out of it, but apparently not. According to bear, they didn't have a plaster big enough. I find that hard to believe, although he did lose a few square inches of skin. Anyway, the school now have experience of what bear can manage. I feel for the teacher - bear bled all over him from all accounts. It is okay now. It is stiff, sore and uncomfortable, but just a graze.

Also, it was a lovely school run today as one of the schools on the route wasn't in. Bear has Friday and next week off. I'm sort of looking forward to it. I'm particulary looking forward to not getting up far too early. Bear has some views on what he wants to happen. These mainly involve computer games, so I'll let him get on with it. I was talking about taking him and his pal out for the day, but neither seem particularly keen and I thought it would be cheaper staying home and treating them to take-out pizza one day. The original Addams Family series, the old black and white shows, are on YouTube in full, so we may indulge.

Writing stuff - Today is Monday, so it's the writing challenge here. All are welcome, on the strict condition that you have fun. Timothy Bateson has an interview with Joseph Carrabis about writing horror fiction here.

There is also something else today. If you remember, I had some issues with Story Origin, and I'm not sure I'm entirely recovered, but I think they were worth it. The Fantasy SciFi Readers Lounge are running a group promotion on Story Origin. They have got together a selection of stories from the authors in the group (including one from me) and collected them in an anthology. There are also what they referred to as Reader Magnets, or short stories or tasters of their work, all free! You can have a look here, which should take you to the page with the anthology and all the authors involved. There are thirty entries, including the anthology and my Reader Magnet, which is Across a Misty Bridge, which you may well have read. Please let me know if there are any issues, and I'll do my best to get it sorted out. I'll be mentioning it again later, especially if I find out any more info.

Hugs to all.

Photo by Austin Wade on Unsplash

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! Poor Bear. Hope he has recovered nicely. I was always torn about school holidays - I didn't miss the school runs or early morning, but if they were too long my kids all started arguing and I was glad when they went back. Now that they are all grown I must admit to missing those days. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete