Pages

Monday 14 October 2019

I Failed at Monday

The big reason I've failed at Monday is because I never really managed to try anything. I seem to have been blown around without taking charge. I feel very disappointed with myself.

I don't know how I dragged myself out of bed this morning as I had a bad night, but I was ten minutes later than usual and it put me on the back foot. I get everything I can ready the night before, but I felt off balance right from the get go. I managed to unblock the toilet, but it was a naff raff I could have done without. Then bear's pal was a little early for the lift to school so there was a scramble to pile into the car.

This is why bear forgot to hand me my keys. So I dropped him and pal off at school, drove the eight miles home and realised what had happened and had to do the sixteen mile round trip to pick them up from reception (and I made a right mess of parking in the school car park).

Then I seemed to get sidetracked every time I moved, and I got sucked along into some questionnable research  (working on a novel with something supernatural in the Victorian East End that is not Jack the Ripper) before diving out for pick up. While I was out I found that the music teacher couldn't make it due to illness for the second week running. I completely sympathise, and she is utterly awesome, but bear was devastated.

When we got home, I found that the former drama of the street had parked their oversized so-called car so I couldn't park in front of my home. My instinct was to lock myself in the bathroom and have hysterics, but bear was there so we snuggled down to mope in unison. Bear decided to utterly reject the pasta bake that DH was looking forward to, so I broke out one of the emergency ready meals I had stashed. Bear didn't really enjoy that either, but he finished it, which was something.

On the bright side, I saw a squirrel today while waiting for bear which was so cute and really cheered me up. I also found a slightly different way back to a junction which avoids a really tricky corner, so that was good.

I made the pasta bake, but discovered that I was short of the cheese needed for the topping. I had Wensleydale with ginger, and Wensleydale with cranberry, but I don't think either of those go with creamy tomato and bacon. I'm waiting for poor DH to get home and be disappointed. He is a sweetie, but I hate letting him down when he's looking forward to something. I have no idea what I'm having.

Writing Stuff - Today it's just the Writing challenge, but if you scroll down you can still get the links to the other members of the October Frights blog hop. And feel free to join in if you like. You don't have to share if you don't want to, you don't have to stick to the limit of 500 words and you certainly aren't on a timetable. You are, however, required to have fun. And on the 31 Days of Halloween, Timothy Bateson has a wonderul, imaginative interview between two were creatures on his blog today here.

Hugs to all.

Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment