Pages

Tuesday 15 October 2019

Could be Worse

I managed to oversleep by ten minutes again and bear gave me a shout. Until a year or so ago, bear was always awake before me, but recently he has been sleeping a little heavier. I suspect the teenage years are pressing. However, as always, everything was ready and we still had an hour before we had to leave the house. As it was, bear got a text from his pal who's dad offered a lift for them. I was incredibly grateful. This meant I had a slight head start on the day.

So today I did several loads of washing, cleared a few sacks of rubbish, wrote fifteen hundred words and left the house just before 2pm. This gave me enough time to dive quickly around Aldi for some ingredients for dinner and then up to pick up bear and his pal. Bear very much approved of his pal's dad's car, and I suspect he deeply regrets that I continue with my lowly Citroen (which I love!).

Dinner was not a success. I had the fishcakes in, and they cooked without any problem. They were the fancy, gluten free ones and extremely pleasant. Unfortunately I did a sort of veggie recipe to go with it and it failed on an epic scale. You cook potato, carrot, onion and cabbage together with spices and the reviews were excellent - you can find the recipe here. Regrettably the potatoes completely failed to cook, even though I cut them a lot smaller than suggested. I am cursed with potato recipes, and the only one I can rely on is mash. On the bright side, the fishcakes were extremely substantial, so we didn't starve. Tomorrow is meatballs which I shall do with mash. Until then, I think I am looking at an early night.

Writing stuff - Timothy Bateson has an article about the role of were creatures in a story here. It's a good reminder to me as an author that every sentence has to have a purpose. I have a new and slightly longer story here which is totally over the 500 word limit and I am comfortable with that. It's the last of the October Frights Blog Hop posts, so feel free to check out the other blogs listed at the end for the end of Blog Hop round up.

Hugs to all.

Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment