Pages

Thursday 10 October 2019

Sort of Meh, Sort of Awesome

I didn't get that much housewifery done, and I'm disappointed. I need to up my game to get the house ready for rewiring. I am not sure about what to do first, and that is causing problems. However I scored with dinner. I made the lentil and chestnut soup from Jack Monroe's Tin Can Cookbook. Next time I make it, I think I will add a little garlic next time, but otherwise it was very pleasant, and DH had second helpings. Bear, who has a finicky appetite and had been snacking earlier, demolished a huge bowl of it. I'm putting it on the 'to try again' list. It may include ready roasted chestnuts at £2.40 for a packet, but I added up the other ingredients, and (give or take) it came to £3.60 for four generous portions. Even if you add a slice or two of bread, it's not too bad, and it's a healthy meal as well.

I drove a new route today, to visit my brother. Normally, when I go somewhere new, I'm not aiming at anything too specific so it doesn't matter where I end up exactly, but I was worried about finding my brother's house. The sat nav had it's moments, but I was able to call in there for a few moments drop off some dog treats and a couple of dog toys. Woody, the eldest dog, has Views and, when he thought we weren't looking, stuck his head in the bag and discreetly took one of the toys upstairs and out of the way. Then he came back as if nothing had happened and begged for treats. He is an utter sweetie. I was also able to bring back some goodies my brother had got for bear, which bear completely appreciated.

Writing Stuff - lots of it today! It's the first day of October Frights Blog Hop, where a number of authors get together and share links to blogs while putting up some fun reads that are themed around horror or paranormal stories. I posted an old poem, Shadow in the Corner, and the links to the other blogs taking part are at the bottom. I've got a few new pieces lined up, as well as the writing challenge and a couple of old favourites.

Connected with October Frights is a link to a page on Story Origin. I will be honest, I am still picking up how to use the site. It seems aimed more at authors than readers. However, it has mechanisms to host giveaways, share tasters (I have Across a Misty Bridge listed on there, but you could also have a look for free on At the Sign of the White Hart. However the Story Origin version is downloadable and can be on a kindle and I think a few other things). There seems to be a lot about newsletters if you like them. Anita Steward, who runs the October Frights and who is awesome and lovely, has put together a page for the group, here, which has a large selection of books on offer, so you may like to take a look.

Timothy Bateson continues with his 31 Days of Halloween with a short story from Michael V Wilson called 'The Earth Bound' which I enjoyed. It's a great time of year to pick up all sorts of bargains and stories.

Hugs to all.

2 comments:

  1. Moving for renovations and decluttering are always overwhelming. My modus operendi (sp) has always been to take everything out of one area, then go through it as soon as possible. Only put back what you know you need and get rid of the rest. Garbage, donate, recycle, whatever works. Do a room at a time, or a closet or part of a room. Good luck
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. After xmas when they cant give the chestnuts away im going to try the soup ...its on my list

    ReplyDelete