Pages

Monday 19 December 2022

Quiet

Briony - thank you. I've now started taking Vitamin D (when I remember) and I'm sure that it will help.

Bless - thank you! I am so proud of bear. It's funny how you hear about other people's children on the blogs here and you get all caught up and really wish them well. I say funny, but really it's wonderful and amazing that we are connecting. We sort of know people even if we don't physically meet people and it's wonderful. I'm glad that you liked the laundry video. This isn't a blog about anything in particular (except possible that fuchsia) but I think most people passing through are interested, or at least entangled, with laundry and I like to share.

Sharon - thank you. Feel free to print them out. I could get them put on Redbubble if I had the mental resources to navigate it, but I made them in Canva and you can't sell stuff that you made in Canva. I may have a play with it at some point with my very basic paint programme. 

Eileen - Thank you. I am so proud of bear. He has a track record of not telling us when he has achieved something, such as the Bronze and Silver awards he got this term for hitting a certain number of points for stuff like homework and participation. I found them referred to in the report. It makes it very hard to brag about him. 

The car windscreen wipers still don't work. However, it's been warmer today and tomorrow I'll have another go and then perhaps go to the garage. When I had a look under the bonnet, it looked like there was a white block between the old fluid and the stuff I topped up with, so it may still be thawing. I'm aware that I could do expensive things if I try and prod at it, so I'm waiting and seeing. 

Bear has been awesome with a great report and working hard. He has also cracked the panel behind the toilet. I have had a word. 

I'm not sure that I have everything ready for Christmas, but it is what it is. I can't remember the start of a sentance by the time I get to the end. I'm confident that it will be good, though, and we will have some good times together. Writing is helping, and speaking of which...

Writing stuff - Today's flash fiction is something a little gentler than the horror that I've been writing lately. I was browsing the pictures in Unsplash for inspiration and I thought of this - Birds

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. Children have a way of not mentioning awards and such. My daughter was the same. I received an invitation to attend an awards ceremony at her school during her last year in high school and it stated, "Your child may be receiving an award". My daughter didn't even want to attend the ceremony, saying that all the children who received a 4.0 grade point average (4.0 being perfect and if one did advanced classes, as she did, the GPA could be higher) and it wasn't that important. But, I insisted that we went and guess what? She received "Student of the Year", complete with a cup that had her name engraved on it! :D
    I'm sure your Christmas will be lovely. Mine ... well my daughter is still recovering from Covid and we don't know if she will be able to come home or not.

    ReplyDelete