Pages

Tuesday 13 December 2022

That Car!

 Bless - thank you! When it comes to yarn, I'm not sure if I'm a bad example or a dreadful warning! It was very inexpensive, though, and while it splits, it feels nice and soft.

Sharon - thank you! I'm glad that you enjoyed the poem. It's one I'm proud of (and wrote in the heat of a July afternoon, which is me all over). I love the image of you melting the frost. I remember those cold windows as well. 

I took the car to the garage. It was fine. The mechanic tried everything and the car was a darling. It all but rolled over for him. The clutch was as smooth as butter. DH has had it stick, bear witnessed the awful sounds, but, because it's intermittent, they can't do anything. The lovely man at the garage suggested that I try turning the car off and then trying the gear then, or pumping the clutch pedal. After driving home, I pulled up outside the house after doing a swift three point turn to face the way I came, which is how I normally park. The damn car reversed as sweet as you like. I turned the car off, tried to put it into reverse and the dratted thing stuck! I was also getting evils from the robin. It was incredibly fluffed out with the cold, which reminds me that I need to go out and top up the peanuts and suet pellets. I swear that bird sniggered, though.

That's how I know what the new yarn is like - I felt so despondent that I started a new blanket, even though I've nearly finished the shrug. I'll go back to the shrug this evening.

Bear is full of cold. I shall pick him up tomorrow and have a hot chocolate waiting for him. I asked him for washing but it's a 'Christmas Sweater' day tomorrow. Bear has refused to wear a Christmas sweater so he will be going in a black hoodie. It could be worse. 

I'm barely managing to get one foot in front of the other at the moment, but I'm keeping on with things like Facebook for the professional reasons. I'm playing around with what I can do with Canva (I have no talent, so less than I should), and this sums up my day.


And I'm sure that everyone will recognise this in me.


Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. We take Vitamin d3 Sybil and it seems to help with colds and viruses.
    Research has been done on this and it is effective, it's not very expensive and worth a shot.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that last quote/meme! Hope the car will be better behaved, tomorrow! Hope bear recovers from his cold, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack. Isn't it the way of things when you get the car to a mechanic and everything works just lovely for them? Story of my life.

    Hope Bear feels better soon.

    I love those last two. You should think about getting them printed. I'd have the last one - if knitting was replaced with books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really frustrating about the car and it's the sort of thing that leaves you worrying every time you drive.

    When do they break up for Christmas? I hope Bear can shake the cold off quickly and you all feel well for the Big Day. xx

    ReplyDelete